Number of Objectors
The Victorian government has recently tabled the Recognising Objectors Bill 2015 in Parliament. The bill seeks to strengthen the Planning and Environment Act 1987 requiring responsible authorities and VCAT to have regard to the number of objectors to a permit application and to whether the proposal may have significant social effect.
Any impacts on:
- The demand for a use of community facilities and services;
- Access to social and community facilities;
- Choice in housing, shopping, recreational and leisure services;
- Community safety and amenity; and/or
- The need of particular groups in the community, such as aged.
For more information: Click Here